blocking out

circular illogic

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Birth of a Blog

The title of this blog may not exactly have you in disbelief.

I think I read somewhere that every minute over forty blogs are begun worldwide. That's over 28,800 blogs per day, a figure that makes my initial lie about forty per minute all the more obvious. Regardless, these things have been around for like fifty years, by Internet standards, and I'm just happy to be jumping on any wagon at all, regardless of my timing.

The first question you might ask yourself while reading this blog forum is, "Why have you titled it 'blocking out?' What the hell is blocking out, a pun or something? Do you think you're clever, Mr. Block?"

"I'll tell you; kinda; yes," would be my response.

Obviously, with a last name that serves as an English noun and verb, I had to take advantage. Not to do so would be a waste of years of enduring negative pun-based attacked in the form of being called a "blockhead" as a kid.

...no, that was Charlie Brown... whose head was round.

Blocking out, though, is also what every blogmaster worth his weight in geldings has to do in order to write a good blog, "block out" time. But yes, I do realize that it also brings up visions of rocking out and/or blacking out. Subsequently, these latter two activities will likely play a major role in my future posts.

Lastly, I think of myself as the cleverest person I know... so yes, yes I think I'm clever, despite the hard evidence to the contrary in the previous paragraphs of subpar humor. You, the reader, are going to have to get used to my arrogance and learn to accept it as overcompensation by a guy with self-esteem issues and really good hair.

So, the blog is born and it's almost as big a success as was my mustache. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home